Retail professionals today are faced with hundreds of technologies, tactics, policies and strategies. To help clear through the clutter, this planning guide will direct retail professionals looking to better understand what subject matters to focus on when it comes to sustainability.
STEP 3: Watch the webinar that provides PRSM members with a brief introduction and overview on how to use the Sustainability Planning Guide and Environmental Worksheet.
Cleaning products are necessary for maintaining attractive and healthful conditions in the retail environment. When executed correctly and in the right frequencies, cleaning tasks can remove health & safety risks, extend the life of surfaces and protect the well-being of retail workers as well as the public at large. The intent of this green cleaning content is not to tell you how to clean, but to provide insight on how you might modify your existing cleaning agents, equipment and processes to be more environmentally friendly to your staff, customers and the earth.
Valuable tools, guides and templates for retailers on green cleaning are archived as they become available. If you have questions on how to use these resources or have suggested additions to the list, email PRSM at firstname.lastname@example.org and a PRSM staff member or retail member of the Sustainability Council will be in touch.
- Healthy High Performance Cleaning Program, Johnson Diversey Guide
- Global Green Cleaning Guide
- Green Cleaning Pollution Prevention Calculator
- ISSA Green Cleaning Checklist
- ISSA Cleaning Service Purchaser Tip Sheet
- ISSA Guide to Green Cleaning Products
- Green Procurement Policies Guide
- ISSA Pandemic Planning Tools
Retail Examples and Case Studies
- Best Practice - Creating a Standardized Cleaning Chemical Program
- Best Practice - Formulating Green Solutions
- Case Study - Healthy School Environment and Enhanced Educational Performance the Case of Charles Young Elementary School Washington, DC
- Prepared for the Carpet and Rug Institute
EDUCATION AND CONFERENCES
- The Nitty Gritty of Green Cleaning Webinar
- Role of Bio-based Products in Cleaning
- Green Cleaning: Standards and Certifications
- Michigan State University Presentation, APPA Appearance Levels as a Management Tool
- 4 Principals of Sustainable Facility Care
- New Standards in Sustainable Cleaning
- Making Your Restrooms Green and Sustainable
- Water Conservation Tips for Cleaning Professionals
- Effective Cleaning Aids in Operations
- New Evaluation: Green Cleaning and the Growth in Transparency
- Green Cleaning Label Power
- The Cleaning Industry Management Standard for Green Buildings: This standard has been developed through a consensus basis regarding the management elements required to successfully execute a green cleaning program.
- Green Cleaning Resource Center and Registry: A compilation of valuable green cleaning advice, tools and links compiled by ISSA, the worldwide leader in cleaning.
- Assistance for the Cleaning Industry: The U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration's (OSHA) resource center for cleaning.
- Green Seal: FIND green products and services: Database cataloging various Green Seal - certified products.
- Healthy Facilities Institute