The pressure to lower costs continues to impact how FM services are bundled and in some cases broken out of the traditional delivery model. In some areas such as janitorial, the services are being commoditized and the motivation to lower costs is actually driving small companies out of business, giving the impression that retailers don’t care about clean store environments.
Responding to the need to help retailers and suppliers navigate through the process with the added level of scrutiny and interaction from procurement, the PRSM Sourcing Committee has developed a comprehensive set of user-friendly worksheets that can help the entire industry collaborate more effectively.
The updated PRSM Sourcing Toolkit now includes a collection of worksheets to assist retailers from documenting needs and maintaining standards to completing scorecards from respondent material. The materials are useful to suppliers in better understanding how to respond to RFPs, while differentiating services and making the case for greater transparency.
PRSM Members go here to Download the interactive Sourcing Toolkit User Guide. You may download the templates individually or as a combined unit.
- Needs Assessment - a guide to help you outline your requirements.
- Execution Timeline: an outline to help you segment the time required to reasonably complete each step in the process.
- Financial Implications: a guide to help you compile your terms of service.
- Identify the Providers: a guide to help you create a short list of providers to receive the RFP.
- Create the RFP: a guide to help you structure questions and goals of the RFP.
- Ranking the Respondents: a comprehensive guide to ranking and scoring respondents, to assist in final decision making.
Thanks to the Sourcing Committee for providing these resources. Good luck and happy sourcing.