A challenge coin is a small coin or medallion (usually military), bearing an organization’s insignia or emblem and carried by the organization’s members. Traditionally, they are given to prove membership when challenged and to enhance morale. In addition, they are also collected by service members. In practice, challenge coins are normally presented by unit commanders in recognition of special achievement by a member of the unit. They are also exchanged in recognition of visits to an organization.
The tradition of a challenge is the most common way to ensure that members are carrying their unit's coin. The challenge only applies to those members that have been given a coin formally by their unit. The act of challenging is called a "Coin Check" and is usually loudly announced.
The challenge, which can be made at any time, begins with the challenger drawing his/her coin, and slapping or placing the coin on the table or surface. Everyone being challenged must immediately produce the coin for their organization and anyone failing to do so must buy a round for the challenger and everyone else who has their challenge coin. However, should everyone challenged be able to produce their coin, the challenger must buy a round for the group.
- Steve Andrews, Walmart Stores
- Grant Baecker, Authority HVAC
- Jonathan Bauer, Gap, Inc.
- Kirk Beaudoin, RFMP, FMA, LEED-Green Assoc., adidas America, Inc.
- Stacy Brown, Global Facility Management & Construction
- Shawn Browning, RFMP, FMA, LEED-Green Assoc., Nike, Inc.
- Tom Buiocchi, ServiceChannel
- Neil Butler, LEED Green-Assoc., Luxottica Retail
- Jordan Campbell, BOTTEGA VENETA
- Sean Coakley, RFMP
- Caspar DeWijkerslooth, SMS Assist
- Rachel Fiorentino, SMS Assist
- Jaclyn Frenzel, OnSite
- Richard Goodman, Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC
- Lynn Harnishfeger, RFMP, CRFP, Springwise Facility Management
- Sean Hartnett, SMS Assist
- Susan Hect, SMS Assist
- Myriah Kingen, DaVita Kidney Care
- Leigh Pearson, RFMP, Staples, Inc. (Canada)
- Chris Slocum, Cornell Storefront Systems, Inc.
- Colleen Slocum, Cornell Storefront Systems, Inc.
- Matthew Whelan, W Services Group, LLC
- Matt Willert, STAGE
- Kent Williams, STAGE
- Gary Vaynerchuk, VaynerMedia
- Dick Vitale, ESPN MediaZone
- Lorraine McGrath Vitale
- Marcelo Zolessi, CNTV
- Lisa Varga
- Jesse Cole
- Savannah Bananas