NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
PRSM Association’s Nominating Committee is requesting nominations from the membership for the Board of Directors for a three-year term beginning in April 2017. The committee is charged with selecting fully qualified and experienced leaders in each category, retail and supplier, for the Board of Directors’ elections per the Association’s Bylaws.
The 2017 Board election will consist of four (4) open seats, two (2) retail and two (2) supplier directors, resulting in a 12-member Board of Directors who each serve three-year rotating terms. In addition, two alternates (one retail member and one supplier member) will be appointed as non-voting Board Members available to fill a Board seat should a vacancy occur.
The success PRSM has enjoyed in recent years is directly related to member involvement. PRSM’s future success will be driven by individuals you nominate and elect to the PRSM Board. If you want to make a difference, get involved. Nominate someone you know is qualified and, most importantly, vote in the election. Self-nominations are accepted, and you may nominate more than one PRSM member.
Nominations are being accepted until Friday, January 27, 2017 (5:00 pm PST), for candidates to be nominated for the official ballot for a three-year term commencing in April 2017. The PRSM Association Nominating Committee will review each nominee’s qualifications in depth. PRSM Association Primary Members will vote on the final slate of nominees for the Board of Directors in March 2017. Newly elected Board Members will take office at PRSM2017 National Conference, April 18, 2017 in Dallas, TX.
TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
- Online: Complete the nomination form and submit electronically. Access online form.
- Email, Fax or Mail: Download the nomination form, complete and send to one of the following:
Mail PRSM Association, 5000 Quorum Drive, Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75254
For the full guidelines on Board of Director nominations click here to download the PDF.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Nominations must be received by PRSM by Friday, January 27, 2017.
Questions regarding the Board, nominations, or selection process may be directed to CEO Bill Yanek, PRSM Association, email@example.com, or 972.231.9810, ext. 100.
PRSM is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are career professionals working in the industry, selling to and/or servicing retail and multi-site facilities. The Board consists of 12 Directors: seven retail and six supplier members who serve three-year rotating terms. Two alternates, one retail, and one supplier member are non-voting Board Members available to step into a Board seat should a vacancy occur on the Board during a term.
The primary responsibility of the Board is to provide leadership to the organization, enabling it to be a powerful influence in the retail facilities maintenance industry. As the legally constituted governing body, the Board oversees the affairs of PRSM; provides leadership to the profession; and represents the profession to other retail and facility related groups.
The PRSM Nominating Committee is charged with selecting qualified members in each category for the Board of Directors' elections per the Association's Bylaws. The process for selecting these leaders is outlined below.
Questions regarding the Board, nominations or selection process may be directed to Chief Executive Officer Bill Yanek, PRSM Association, firstname.lastname@example.org or 972.231.9810.
- Nominees must be current PRSM Association members in good standing having no outstanding ethics violations.
- Nominees should display professionalism, fairness, operational and management knowledge within his/her company.
- Nominees should display leadership within the facilities management industry.
- Nominees should be respected by industry peers and display integrity and character that is recognized throughout the industry as having a positive impression on the industry.
- Nominators may nominate more than one person. But, only one nomination is required per person to be initially considered.
- Nominees may be nominated by peers or be self-nominated. If self-nominating, the nominee may be asked to provide verification of accomplishments by their immediate supervisor or PRSM member in the same company.
The Nominating Committee is comprised of retail and supplier members of the Association who may or may not be familiar with the nominee. To assist with the selection process, please consider the following questions and include as much material as possible about your nominee:
- Why is this person particularly noteworthy?
- What has this individual contributed to the PRSM Association?
- What leads you to believe the nominee will act in the best interest of the Association at all times?