Community Guidelines and Rules of Participation
Thank you for participating in the PRSM X-Change online community forum. PRSM X-Change is a discussion forum exclusively for PRSM Members. It allows Retail Facilities Management Professionals the opportunity to communicate with colleagues. PRSM reserves the right to reproduce posted messages for educational purposes, after removing all references to organizations or individual members.
PRSM X-Change gives industry professionals access to a wealth of information and helps them find real-life solutions to day-to-day issues. Take advantage of this membership benefit and ask questions, share your expertise, collaborate on ideas and create best practices with your peers.
To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established the following Community Guidelines and Rules of Participation. Please review these guidelines and rules of participation. By participating in our online forum, you agree to comply with the Guidelines and Rules of Participation. If you have questions about the Guidelines and Rules of Participation, contact the PRSM X-Change Forum Administrator. General questions about PRSM should be directed to Member Services at (972) 231-9810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER
PRSM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted by others on the PRSM X-Change. PRSM makes no warranties about information posted on the PRSM X-Change, whether by PRSM or any third party; this includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. PRSM cannot be held liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any other damages resulting from loss of use, data or profits as a result of, or in connection with, the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to PRSM and the members of this community the nonexclusive, worldwide, transferrable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form. Forum members must adhere to the PRSM Code of Ethics. Violations of PRSM ethical principles should be reported to the forum administrator for possible referral to the PRSM Ethics Committee. Content that encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either explicitly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade, is prohibited.
Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects is prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or, selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- Use The Subject Line. Be clear and specific in the subject line. Member responses will be more relevant, and postings will be easier to find in the archives.
- Use A Signature Line. Include your name, title, organization name, phone number and email address when posting messages. Remove your signature block if you do not wish to be contacted.
- Think About Your Audience. Do not send a message to the entire list unless your message contains information that pertains to all forum members. Send “Thank You” or “You’re Welcome” messages privately to members who post responses or requests.
- Be Professional. Forum discussions should encourage conversation and not create divisiveness or tension. Every member of the forum deserves the opportunity to express his or her opinions openly and in a civil, respectful manner. Please share your opinions and perspectives with courtesy and professionalism.
- Respect Confidentiality. All discussions taking place in the forum are confidential. Do not forward postings or threads to non-subscribers. PRSM acknowledges that the privacy of the messages posted cannot be guaranteed, so please keep this in mind when posting information that you consider personal or confidential for yourself. Additionally, do not post anyone else’s confidential information, or any information that infringes upon the privacy or personal rights of others.
- Respect Intellectual Property. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Do not use words, logos or other marks that infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without their permission.
- Solicitation. Promotions or solicitations of any products or services by anyone who has a vested interest in those items are prohibited. Vendors may only respond to queries about specific products made by forum subscribers.
- Price & Contract Agreement Disclosures. Users may not post any material regarding specific prices, fees charged or paid services, or any information concerning prices, discounts, or terms and conditions of sales either obtained by or offered to another entity. Users also are prohibited from discussing contract agreement specifications.
- References. PRSM does not endorse any vendor service provider. If you request a reference for a vendor service provider, these responses are considered personal referrals and not a PRSM endorsement. If you are a retailer requesting feedback on a particular vendor or product, PRSM will release the post under the following conditions:
- Posting must be submitted directly by a retail member (no annonymous requests)
- Name of vendor or product must be included in posting
- Posting should not relate to pricing, fees or contract terms
- Your posting must include contact information either email address or telelphone number where feedback can be received
- Consequences for Misuse. PRSM reserves the right to terminate a member’s access to the forum if a member posts inappropriate messages or subject matter, or is found to engage in unauthorized use of the forum. See below for a list of prohibited topics.
- Inappropriate Subjects. The following are considered prohibited topics:
- Online requests for proposals on the forums. Contact a supplier organization directly with requests for service and product information.
- Commercial solicitations, advertisements or invitations to commercially-hosted events, including product or service user groups
- Replies to individuals' requests for information that are not of significant interest to the membership at large
- Personal criticism of individuals or even substantive contributions that violate professional protocol
- Messages whose content may present legal problems for PRSM or its members
- Messages of inconsequential or non-substantive content, such as merely posting "I agree."
- Messages devoted solely to humor or light conversation
- Job announcements Users should post detailed job descriptions on the PRSM Career Center at www.prsm.com/careercenter/job-openings/.
- Administrative requests and questions. Contact the forum administrator directly to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list.
NOTE: This policy is subject to change depending upon the needs and requirements of PRSM and the forum subscribers. Complaints or relevant questions should be directed to the PRSM Forum Administrator.